I Have a Blog… Now What?
While owning a blog on the web certainly is cool, what one does with it is that truly matters. Because it took me so long to finally have my own website, my mind is filled with ideas I am finally able to tackle. I am an expert in almost none of these topics. My goal is not to be the ultimate source of knowledge on the web. Rather, knowing that maybe I’ll catch just one person’s interest in the process is all the motivation I need!
Here are some potential blog topics I hope I’ll get to discuss:
- Who I am and why I shifted from physics to computers
- Average computers are so much more powerful than average people think
- Jumping in the software world when you know nothing about software
- Git and repository managers
- How to buy a domain name and host pages on GitLab
- How to make a website HTTPs
- How I used Hugo to build this website
- Why I use Vim as my main editor
- Hype for tmux
- How I use the DevOps mentality at work
- My rc files (vimrc, tmux.conf, .bashrc, bash_aliases, etc.)
- Pathogen and vim plugins
- Password managers and two-factor authentication
- Contributing to open source projects
- Google Cloud Platform
- Google Data Studio
- Scraping websites in Python and analyzing data with pandas
Some of my hobbies and other topics unrelated to tech
- Board games
- Pet rats
Some things I want to learn how to do:
- How to add comments on this blog
- Programming mobile applications for Android and iOS
- How to use Kubernetes and Jenkins to integrate a DevOps culture at work
I wish I could say “let me know in the comments some of your ideas”, but this would require an actual comment section… Don’t worry, I’ll try my best to get around to it soon. Until then, Stay tuned!
UPDATE: Comments have been enabled!